Sunday, September 18, 2011

2 Interviews in Audio form

I interviewed and successfully recorded two more people.

Yesterday I interviewed Jesse and what he had to say has started to change the feeling I had that prompted me to do interviews in the first place. I've had this idea in my head that I don't like living in Chicago on an environmental level, which has only ever been part true. Since I started living here, I have sometimes longed for forests and large open spaces, and I've sometimes had an indescribable feeling of dissatisfaction with my environmental surroundings.
Jesse's point about being able to assert your self identity despite your surroundings sort of pumped me up with some optimism and energy to be a strong, active creative being, in motion, manifesting my own reality as they say.

And then today I interviewed Maritza.  She grew up in Houston so she's used to all the city elements that are notorious for giving people anxiety, but she does claim to keep house plants as a source to tap into her own inner peace. She's very happy to be living in Chicago right now. Her job at a community arts center is what she feels passionate about, so she's tied to Chicago by her passion.

At the end of both of these interviews, we talked more, and then I realized that this was good, maybe even better than what I was recording before during the designated interview time, so I recorded the post-interview conversation as well, and that's why some of the files start off like in the middle of a conversation, because that is what happened.

p.s. I'm not such a smooth interviewer. http://soundcloud.com/search?q[fulltext]=TLLY

No comments:

Post a Comment