Thursday, September 22, 2011

Pausing to Look at Where I am


My initial question for interviews/ Reason I decided to do the interviews:
 I want to know why people decide to live in Chicago.
 I want to know if people living here want to leave or stay and why.
 I want to know how the physical environment of the city makes people feel.
 I want to know these things about other people because I ask the questions to myself quite often and have been frustrated with feeling dissatisfied with my surroundings in Chicago. That feeling is always changing. Jesse’s interview influenced me to reconsider my dissatisfaction. I may have already been moving away from dissatisfaction, but until the interview with Jesse, I hadn’t noticed my change. Hearing what he said made me look at myself in that way.
 Besides my own personal dilemmas with analyzing my surroundings, I am inherently curious about how differently people perceive and think and express themselves. I am always fascinated with the variety of people and perspectives there are in the world, so collecting data on personal perception and everyday life is just plain interesting to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment