Monday, November 7, 2011

Drawings of Assumed Lifestyles


These came from the descriptions that I collected at the MDW fair a few weeks ago. I ended up not using the faces and names of the people. They're not important. The characters in the drawings are anonymous either way so therefore the names and faces are unnecessary. And it's all fictional because I use my imagination to construct the places these characters inhabit.  My imagination is fueled by my memories and associations with particular words, for example "dining/living room" means something specific to me, gives me specific imagery in my head. I think of the chairs and table of the dining room in the house where I grew up and I think of a dining room where I had dinner at a friend's aunt's house a few months ago. Some people don't have a dining room and might not know what it is.


These are not the descriptions I used for the drawings. The names scratched out on the bottom show part of my process of deciding how to mix up the names and faces, which eventually I didn't use at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment