Wednesday, October 5, 2011

New Style Deliveries

Here's what the most recent notes look like. I decided to change the notes to handwritten. I knew from the start with the typed notes that handwriting is more personal. I decided to start with typed notes as a form of neutrality, so as not to give the unknowing recipient any preconceived notions about my identity. The 2 responses I got from the typed notes were interesting, but gave me little information as far as actually answering the question. Which isn't a priority--getting an answer directly to the question "Why do you live here?". But I think that handwritten notes, more personal notes, will yield more responses in general, whether answering the question or not.

 The images show the notes and the envelopes with the notes in them.
 So, we shall see what happens.


Also, here is what the original notes looked like:
They were simply that on a strip of paper in a completely blank envelope. I left them in mailboxes, but in other more noticeable places if they were available, such as on the doormat, under a glass on a table, on a child's toy--places I thought people would notice an envelope more rather than if they saw it in their mailbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment