Monday, October 24, 2011

MDW Fair





Yesterday I went to the MDW Fair down on 35th. I collected descriptions from people.
Descriptions of
What they think of when they look in the mirror
The wall you see when you are laying in bed
What you see when you step out your front door
The area of your apartment you spend the most time in
Your neighbors
A sound or smell you associate with your block or neighborhood

I'm going to make drawings based on the responses and the photos I took of each person. I think people were especially receptive to this because they are of the art-type, open minded thinking.

I didn't read the descriptions right away because I didn't want to associate their face with what they wrote. The drawings will use a face with descriptions that don't necessarily match each other. Not sure yet how the drawings will actualize.



No comments:

Post a Comment